Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Audio Mixer

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote

For recording speech you want a mixer with a half decent
compressor/limiter.

They are relatively rare, particularly if you're talking equipment that
is not fairly expensive.

Still? I'm not terribly up to date on the cheaper end of the market but
expected 'they'd' have got this sorted by now. Although I can quite
understand Behringer expecting you to buy an outboard one from them as
well. Although those are often far to complex for a simple task like this.

Inbuilt comp/limiters seem to be unique to expensive mixers designed for
location recording like your own.

Graham