Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default Audio Mixer

Adrian wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a stereo audio mixer? The immediate and primary
purpose of the same will be to mix the output from three microphones.
It will be good if I had the ability to direct the output one or both
output channels.

The need is to record small public meetings commencing with some live
music (piano) followed by a talk.

However, at some point I would like to be able to mix turntable and
line inputs at home. It seems wasteful to buy two mixers when one
might suffice. For this secondary purpose I need two turntable inputs
and/or two or three line inputs. Switchable turntable/line inputs
would be acceptable.

Output will be to a Behringer UCA202 and a Notebook computer.

Many thanks for your input to my thought process!

Adrian

I feed a Behringer UB1204-PRO directly into a Dell notebook mic jack,
which remarkably doesn't seem to mind it, at low volume.

It seems like a nice mixer, though I prefer the older and now-unavailable
models with the wall wart power supplies, as they generate less RFI
than the newer switching supply ones. But it doesn't matter, if you
don't use them right next to radios.

It doesn't seem to come with a wiring diagram, so you're left extrapolating
from older models that do come with them, as to what goes through what control
to where.