Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default MB Quart DKE116

p-nut wrote:
ChrisB blurted out in rec.audio.car:

p-nut wrote:
I just bought a set of DKE116 to replace my QM160's.
My 160 have a nice set of x-overs that they came with but the DKE116's
didn't.
I can't find anythign on whether I have to buy them seperate or what.
The DKe's are a new "Discus" technology so I don't know.
If anyone has any info could you please post?

Thanks,
p~nut

Just don't expect the new ones to sound as good as the old school MB
Quart because the new ones.... well... they suck compared to the old ones!

Really?
That sucks.
What happened to them?
My QM160s have both tweeters blown and one of the speakers has a small tear.
They still sound pretty good, just don't have any high end coming from them.

Oh let's see.... could it be that MAXXSONICS purchased the MB Quart name
and the speakers that they farm out to China/Korea to produce are no
where near the quality of the MB Quart Germany speakers that were some
of the best comps that money could buy in the 90s?

Don't worry though, they aren't the only brand that now sucks. Orion
isn't anywhere near the same product it once was and neither is
HiFonics. I like how these companies purchase the once great names just
to ride the once great name for the almighty dollar while at the same
time providing a crappy product! The icing on the cake was when I saw a
DEI Produced Orion HCCA amplifier that was Class freaking D. HCCA used
to stand for High Current Class A and now they are badging their
overseas crap with the same name as the once great Orion red
amplifiers.... Sad!

Sorry for ranting, but it ****es me off when I see names of once great
products that are not even 1/2 as good as the original!

-Chris