Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Compression vs High-Res Audio

"Scott" wrote in message
On Sep 27, 7:51=A0am, Dick Pierce wrote:
Scott wrote:

"Gross distortions?"
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/...

Any mention of Steve Hoffman is incomplete without

=A0 =A0http://www.shakti-innovations.com/hallograph.htm

to put his views in a somewhat more complete perspective.

Very interesting argument Dick. So is it your position that the
results of *blind listening tests* are invalid if the listener has
ever been swayed by bias effects under *sighted* conditions?

I think you've missed the point, Scott.

The point I see is that Mr Hoffman's credibility as an evaluator of hardware
is suspect to many of us because he has so clearly thrown his personal
support and reputation behind what most of us find to be obviously bogus
hardware.

The argument goes something like this: "If he'd stake his reputation on some
crazy piece of hardware like that, what good is his reputation for hardware
evaluation?"

Note that I'm not addressing Mr. Hoffman's reputation for mastering
recordings. I consider mastering recordings to be a vastly different
technology and art than listening room acoustics or more generally, hardware
evaluation.