Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Compression vs High-Res Audio

On Sep 27, 7:51=A0am, Dick Pierce wrote:
Scott wrote:

"Gross distortions?"
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/...

Any mention of Steve Hoffman is incomplete without

=A0 =A0http://www.shakti-innovations.com/hallograph.htm

to put his views in a somewhat more complete perspective.

Very interesting argument Dick. So is it your position that the
results of *blind listening tests* are invalid if the listener has
ever been swayed by bias effects under *sighted* conditions? Because
that looks to be the argument you are infering by suggesting we look
at Steve Hoffman's opinions of a particular product based on *sighted*
listening before we consider the results of his *blind* comparisons of
a fresh cut laquer and the master tape.

I would expect better than an argument of prejudice and ad hominem
from an industry pro like yourself against a fellow industry pro. I'm
sure you would want other pros to do better in any critique of
yourself on a public forum.

Should we consider your use of an obvious logial fallacy to try to
discredit the blind comparisons of an industry pro to put your views
into "a somewhat more complete perspective?"