Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Compression vs High-Res Audio

On Sep 27, 6:47=A0am, vlad wrote:
On Sep 26, 4:41=3DA0pm, Audio Empire wrote:

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:42:04 -0700, vlad wrote
(in article ):

I listen AAC lossles (data reduction about 50%) and the sound is
magnificent.

Lossless isn't a problem.

Also MP3 at the rate of 320kb is undistinguishable from
the original. So what do you mean by "lousy sound"?

I know that I
CAN and do hear the artifacts

in sighted comparison, of course? :-)

Unsighted too...

Tell us more about it. I cannot wait to hear. What were bias controls,
what compression algorithms were used, what was the bit-rate, etc.?

I happened to listen music from internet radio at the rate 32kbs, at
this speed you do not need bias controls, artifacts were obvious and
horrendous. So did you hear any artifacts at 320kbs?

I see, so bias controls are only needed when you don't agree with
the conclusions. Not very scientific or objective. Do you make the
same demands when you agree with the results? If not then your
conclusions are tainted by your own biases.