Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default KISS Amp 300B Ultrafi finalized; circuit updated

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Hopefully not the last, but certainly one of the most
important, and definitely *the most* ignored for
typical homebrew (and, sadly, too many commercial)
designs.

In pro-audio it's been well to the fore since the very beginning of the sector.
There are no secrets about good grounding practice.

Production sound uses balanced interconnections between
multiple pieces of equipment.

That certainly helps a lot but I've run 60 metre ( 200 feet ) cable runs unbalanced
and still had excellent results.

Internally, the same issues arise in the same ways, because the signal path is
unbalanced internally.

Indeed so for the most part but I do also run critical signals internally balanced
too ( particularly when that signal is being transferred from one pcb to another for
example ).

And, of course, power supplies are "unbalanced" from a
signal point of view.

Ummmm.... are they ?

This is definitely *not* a done deal; it's, instead, an
important and mostly overlooked component of the signal
path.

There are no secrets about good grounding practice, but
there are also no magic bullets. All grounding practices
are compromises among various competing goals.

The are some excellent principles that get you out of most trouble. Taking it to the
limit is where it sorts the men from the boys.

Graham