Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default KISS Amp 300B Ultrafi finalized; circuit updated

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

On 13 Jan 2007 21:53:17 -0800, "Andre Jute" wrote:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/T...trafi-crct.jpg

There's a typo in the posted schematic; earth ground
in the B+ supply is shown on the wrong side of the
filtering (dual-winding) choke. Otherwise, copacetic!

Thanks, Chris. That problem crept in when I put in the snubbers on the
chokes. Before, that whole circuit was starred and its star coincided
with the signal circuit star, so it didn't matter where I put the
symbol, as I explained to Nick (in a post that hours later I still
can't see).

I've now moved the earth to the other side of the chokes and all the
snubbers and posted an amended circuit to avoid misunderstandings. It
is for precisely this sort of information that I publish the circuit
first to RAT, so that the knowledgeable sharpeyed can point details
that through overfamiliarity I missed.

All good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
"History consists of truths which in the end turn into lies,
while myth consists of lies which finally turn into truths."
- Jean Cocteau

Thanks again! (No footnotes; you can stop here.)

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"