Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default KISS Amp 300B Ultrafi finalized; circuit updated

Nick Gorham wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
The "KISS Amp WE300B SE Ultrafi" (1) has been finalized. This is a
project that was designed step by step on rec.audio.tubes. The

This may have been covered, in which case, sorry, but why is the signal
ground point taken back at the rectifier? Doesn't that make the output
stage signal loop include the choke and snubbers in the supply?

--
Nick

Aha! At last, a substantive point. Where in my amp would you take off
the ground for the power supply, Nick? Same question to everyone who's
ever built a tube amp; don't just assume Nick will give the same answer
you will. Grounding is one of the last, possibly the last, unexplored
frontiers in hi-fidelity tube amplifiers.

I'll explain what I actually do, what I consider optimum when possible,
and what others have done when we have your answer and reasoning to
hand.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"