Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kele Kele is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On Mar 11, 5:27=A0pm, KH wrote:
On 3/11/2011 12:14 PM, Doug McDonald wrote:

But, in an off-topic note ... let's talk speakers. Now there are real
differences!

I wonder why they are not more discussed!

About your speakers discussion - personal preference=85
A friend of thirty years has always preferred a system=92s sound that,
to me, is absolutely too bright and steely. I don=92t live near him
now, but found he just replaced his speakers with Klipsch. No offense
to Klipsch, but to me they will be another bright speaker IMO.
Apparently, my friend hears with rolled off highs compared to me. And
compared to me, my brother thinks my system is a little bright; he
prefers what I feel is too plump & mellow of a sound profile. It=92s
pretty interesting. I have a feeling that generally woman do not like
bright sounding stereo systems. People really are tuned differently.
Speakers, having a huge impact on the overall sound of a stereo
system, are something no one can choose for someone else. I listened
to a pair of reviewer-raved speakers in a high end stereo salon.
Where=92s the base!? The speakers measures nearly flat; should be
correct then? OMG is my hearing skewed!? Is that what I should
strive for!? The treble energy heard from a LIVE instrument isn=92t the
same as global boosted treble. Sometimes I think that=92s what bothers
me with some =93bright=94 speakers. That and slow base.