Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael Beacom[_4_] Michael Beacom[_4_] is offline

Default Small Recorder Recommendation

On 2017-04-05 17:14:37 +0000, Scott Dorsey said:

Michael Beacom wrote:

I think she wants to dub her original recordings, so these guys guessed
correctly.
If I'm lucky, she recorded the cassettes on her Marantz (PMD 221?)
reporter's cassette deck. She had it with here, and it apparantly still
works. Which brings up another issue- The playback machine should be
serviced.

So, who in the WDC Metro area works on cassette machines?

Washington Professional Systems in Wheaton.

When you take it to them, include one of the original cassettes and have
them set the azimuth up to match it rather than setting it up off the
alignment tape.

Since the azimuth drift is constant and severe it still won't be right,
but it'll be a good start.
--scott

Thanks Scott- the answer I was looking for again.

A good average azimuth is about all we can hope for...

Cheers
Mike