Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Question about series/parallel speaker setup

What problem are you trying to solve?

Didn't you see his original message? [Assuming gender here]

At my disposal are three 4-ohm speakers and one 16-ohm speakers.
I'm considering wiring the three 4-ohm speakers in series, then
connecting that in parallel to an 16-ohm speaker, which should result
in in overall 8-ohm load.

And he doesn't say what problem he wants to solve, what sounds he wants to
amplify.

[I think he actually has *4* 4-ohm speakers, or maybe not.] So he's
trying to use what speakers he has at hand. Sounds reasonable to me.

No, as I see this it comes across as plain silly if it is to be used to
distribute sound.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen