Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Fuzz Guitar Sounds / Music Machine

On 23/01/2018 8:13 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, August 28, 2002 at 3:08:05 PM UTC-5, nmm wrote:
Anyone out there know how "The Music Machine" that band from the 60's got
their Fuzz Guitar sounds ?

Is that a Vox Tone bender, or Dallas Arbiritor Fuzz face?

Someone told me that these guys used to build their own pedals.

Also it sounds like direct input, not like a amp being miked. This stuff
was recorded from '66 to 69, in California ( LA?)
So if they put the guitars direct into the board, with a Transistor Fuzz,
would that be a tube board of some sort?

The engineer credited was Paul Buff, anyone know any details about him ,
other work, or methods?

thanks

To my knowledge, some of the fuzz tones were made by fuzz wahs, or volume pedals in conjunction with tuning down, to get a grittier sound. I've tried dozens of boxes and none come closer than the morely fuzz wah, but I'm no expert.

I think the OP, UTC-5, died of old age about 15 years ago dude.

geoff