Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Doug Sax on wire

Eeyore wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

Well, I have heard differences between wires,

That weren't speaker cables or high capacitance interconnects ?

Well, in some cases they were very long microphone cables with ribbon
mike sources, where the cable reactance WAS becoming a problem.

But in other cases I have heard weirdness that I cannot explain. I can
tell the difference between an 18ga solid core and an 18ga stranded
speaker cable. Makes no sense at all, but it was there.

I can believe someone might hear a difference between a non-copper cable
like the silver cable, and I can believe it might be due to rectification
effects. I know that I can hear a difference between copper-clad-steel
RG-174 and similar copper cable. I am pretty sure that is due to junction
issues.