Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Doug Sax on wire

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote ...
nebulax wrote:
I just uncovered a copy of Recording magazine from Oct 2001, and the
theme for this issue was mastering. They interviewed Doug Sax, and
when asked about what wire he used at the Mastering Lab, here's what
he said:

"We have done extensive listening to wire.

IDIOTS !

Are you saying that you DO believe in magic wire?
Doug Sax appears to have confirmed that ordinary wire is just fine.

Well, I have heard differences between wires, but for the most part I am
hard pressed to say any of them were important or in any way improvements.