Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default headphones

On 5/10/2011 9:57 PM, Nate Najar wrote:
Follow-up to my own post: the MDR7506 cup pads don't seem to be gel, but rather
something akin to that bed foam stuff that feels like gel --

They get significantly more full
sounding if I put pressure on them toward my ears. The HF are still
harsh, but the whole experience is much improved.

I guess I just need new ear cups....

When I bought some new ear cushions for my MDR7506 phones
from B&H Pro Audio a couple of years back, they had
standard ones (that I don't believe came from Sony) and some
premium ones that seemed like they might be gel-filled. I
got the cheap ones. Just checking their web site again, I
don't see the gel-like ones, but they have an alternate that
has a velour-covered pad. I'm not sure if this improves the
seal or is just supposed to be more comfortable, but you
might want to look around to see what's available as an
"upgrade" to the stock cushions.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff