Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

Default Grammy TV Audio?

Klay_Anderson wrote:
On Feb 1, 4:00=A0am, Wayne R. wrote:
I'm no expert on these things, but last night's Grammy show's audio
(over Comcast, through an HD TiVo to 2-ch. Bose system) really sucked.

Well, IMHO, your Bose speakers did not help. Nor did the bit-starved,
compressed-at-least-three-to-one POS (and I don't mean Point Of Sale)
video signal. But we'll save that for another time.

OTA from local sounded great. What issues there were were probably
due to last minute changes on live TV. If you have never done live
TV, you have not lived. There are usually five or more people sub-
mixing bands, audience, orchestra and program that sometimes the right
hand cannot see the left hand by the time it gets to someone like (the
consummate pro) Ed Greene for broadcast. Written by industry vet Mr.
Mel Lambert, here is the article from 2008. It explains a lot.

http://tinyurl.com/yfqhlyx

Text "Klay" to 50500 for contact info

-.- .-.. .- -.-- / .- - / -.- .-.. .- -.-- / -.. --- - / -.-. --- --
Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.
Klay Anderson Audio, Inc.

The exigencies of live award show audio notwithstanding, I cannot think of
Ed Greene as a "consummate pro". He had recently received an Emmy. When I
offered my hand to congratulate him, he turned and walked away. I guess he
doesn't like me for some reason.

--
~ Roy
"If you notice the sound, it's wrong!"