Posted to rec.audio.pro
Harvey Gerst[_2_] Harvey Gerst[_2_] is offline

Default Grammy TV Audio?

wrote:

Arkansan Raider wrote:
Wayne R. wrote:
I'm no expert on these things, but last night's Grammy show's audio
(over Comcast, through an HD TiVo to 2-ch. Bose system) really sucked.

Was it a 5.1 "conversion" problem or what? It seemed like the center
channel was missing, but since I don't have a 5.1 setup I can't be
sure. Can anyone give me an idea where the problem came from and what
it might have been? Maybe it sucked for everyone, or just stereo users
like us.

Happily for me, I didn't want to watch the silliness, so I went away.
Honeypie suffered though it though...

If she watched Taylor Swift try to sing on pitch last night, I'd say
"suffered" is right.

http://neonlimelight.com/2010/01/31/...s-performance/

*Ugh*

---Jeff

Actually, the one good thing about that performance is that it made me
seriously rethink my position on the use of Autotune.

-Harvey