Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

Default Grammy TV Audio?

On Mon 2038-Feb-01 10:37, Scott Dorsey writes:
Was some "suit" standing there in the TV control room with his finger
on the button, or did they have a script to review in advance or???

I don't know how they do it, but I have worked plenty of events
where the audio and video were delayed by a few seconds, and someone
was assigned to sit at the button. They probably had a script, but
the thing about live events is that they often don't go the way the
script says they are supposed to go.

True, and every year when this discussions rears its head we remind folks of Scott's above point as well. No matter how
good the folks are in the remote truck there are always
things that didn't go as planned, and no doubt, even if
there
were rehearsals chances are good the remote truck folks
weren't there for them.

Regards,
Richard