Posted to rec.audio.pro
Moshe Goldfarb[_4_] Moshe Goldfarb[_4_] is offline

Default Grammy TV Audio?

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 06:45:46 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote:

On Feb 1, 8:15*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Wayne R. wrote:

I'm no expert on these things, but last night's Grammy show's audio
(over Comcast, through an HD TiVo to 2-ch. Bose system) really sucked.

You know, everybody says this every year. *Every year there's an extensive
discussion here about missed cues and downmixing.

"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

I'm more curious about the MECHANICS of how they blanked out the audio
of the "objectionable" lyrics.

Was some "suit" standing there in the TV control room with his finger
on the button, or did they have a script to review in advance or???

Mark

Somebody should have taped the button down at the start of the
show.

What garbage...

It's sad that this is the "best" the music industry has to offer.

As for audio, I listened in HD through my home system (stereo,
Bryston/KeF) and for what i listened to, it sounded ok.

I was flipping channels though so I might have missed any problems
that might have occurred.

--

2/1/2010 2:55:10 PM