Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Grammy TV Audio?

Mark wrote:

I'm more curious about the MECHANICS of how they blanked out the audio
of the "objectionable" lyrics.

Was some "suit" standing there in the TV control room with his finger
on the button, or did they have a script to review in advance or???

I don't know how they do it, but I have worked plenty of events where
the audio and video were delayed by a few seconds, and someone was
assigned to sit at the button. They probably had a script, but the
thing about live events is that they often don't go the way the script
says they are supposed to go.