TonyP

"Jim" wrote in message ...
A week ago I emailed BHC Aerovox, Nichicon and several other
manufacturers, who advertise high quality power capacitors, but they
have not responded. Several others responded saying they don't carry
this cap. value. Where can I go to obtain high quality power caps.?

I need a pair of replacement power capacitors to replace the one's
originally manufactured by Nichicon and marked as follows

CE W
Nichicon 85°C
22,000 uf
80WV
60322

Application: One cap. is used on the power supply +60VDC rail and
another on the -60VDC rail.

Two 10,000uF in parallel per side, (4 total) will give the same performance.
These are more readily available.

I'd like to upgrade to a higher voltage and temp. e.g. 105°C, if feasible.

80V rating should be adequate for a 60v supply. 105°C is good if you can
find them, or make sure the box is well ventilated.

Increasing cap. value is worth considering if the associated circuitry
can deal with the extended inrush current, etc.

Will provide no real benefit for a 120W amp.

What value of ESR (meas. freq.?) is desirable for these caps used in a
120W (8 ohm) audio power amplifier?

Lower is better. Consider the ripple current rating as well.

TonyP.