Posted to rec.audio.tech
isw isw is offline

Default Bose Patrician

In article ,
Chris Hornbeck wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:31:40 -0800, isw wrote:

Klipsch continued to use EV-made drivers for many decades

The driver sets I bought from him in the mid- to late '60's are
definitely not EV units; I'm almost certain they are CTS. In any case,
"many decades" is a bit too long a time since the K-horn would only have
been in real production for something like 20 years when I bought mine
(he didn't really get started until after WWII).

To clarify, Klipsch's classic speakers used the EV T-35 tweeters
from at least the late 1960's through the mid 1980's, as their
part number "K77", after which a transition to the ceramic ("mud
magnet") EV driver began, part number K77M.

I could have been more clear too; I was referring to the woofer driver
being CTS. My driver sets included EV T-35 tweeters and (I think) Ajax
midrange (PWK called 'em "squawkers") drivers.

Isaac