Marc Wielage

Default Ripping disc by index?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:01:26 -0700, R Carrington wrote
(in message ):

Anyone know of ripping software that will recognize indexes on a CD
track and let me rip accordingly? I have a bunch of SFX discs that I'd love
to store on harddrive, but each track as 4 or 5 indexed sounds.
-----------------------------snip----------------------------

The most powerful software out there for ripping & organizing sound effects
CDs that I've found (IMHO) is Soundminer 3.0, available from soundminer.com.

This is a dedicated sound effects ripping/organizing/database program
specifically designed for large sound effects libraries. It's smart enough
to know 95% of all the SFX libraries out there, and will take individual
tracks (and indexes) and split them out into separate tracks AND give them
identifiable names.

Other systems that are widely used include

MTOOLS
http://www.gallery.co.uk/mtools/mToolsV.html

NETMIX
http://www.creativenetworkdesign.com/

SFXDB
http://northstation.net/sfxdb/pr_sfxdb.html

SOUNDFISHER
http://www.soundfisher.com/html/overview.html

and there's a good article on the subject he

http://emusician.com/ar/emusic_finders_keepers/

--MFW