gasket

"Preben Friis" wrote in message ...
"sd" wrote in message
om...
I remember reading back in the early 90's that MBV used a Ram Mixer to
record and mix their first cd...has anyone heard one of these in
person?...I'm looking for a drum submixer and it looks like it will
fit the bill nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I got one just like that one. We replaced it with a Behringer rack mixer,
which was considered a step up....!

More about it here.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...s.cybercity.dk

I still haven't fixed it...

/Preben Friis

I used one of those 5 or 6 years ago and was pleasantly surprised on
on how good it sounded!...so I'm surprised to see Preben's comments
(especially since the post he pasted contradicts his statement, which
makes it sound like a nice, transparent mixer, which is what I found
it to be).
I was using a mackie 24/8 at the time and loved the fact that I could
eq and not hate the results. I didn't record with it, so I can't
comment on the pre's, but the routing and eq's smoked the Mackie.
Similar to the Allen & Heath CNC series or the Soundcraft Delta.
To compare it to a Neve, as the seller does, is a HUGE exaggeration,
but it's definitely leaps and bounds ahead of a Behringer.
I can't comment on the MBV history, but it wasn't used on "Loveless",
considering they almost bankrupted the label by staying in the studio
and doing endless remixes, which I'm pretty sure, was not a RAM mixer.
Just my 2 cents.....