Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Rumbling SD condenser mic problem

Ray Thomas wrote:

I have a Behringer B-5 condensor mic, long out of warranty, that has
developed a 'stomach rumbling/rolling thunder' sound behind the audio, which
peaks erratically every 5-10 seconds as a 'shorting/fizzing' sound

Probably an electrolytic capacitor but it could be a bad solder joint.
Not a chance of getting a schematic of it, so you'll just have to draw
one out yourself. Shouldn't be too hard as long as you can get it open
in a way that will let you put it back together. There aren't going to
be a lot of parts in there.

me he
)