Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.tubes
Mark Oppat Mark Oppat is offline

Default Huge lot of tubes.... recommendations?

Most of all 50's-60's tubes found today are for TV sets of that era and have
very little value. Some are usable in radio, audio or RF applications and
will sell individually or in smaller lots on eBay. Then, you take the rest
of the lot and sell it as one big lot.

The key factor is what types you have and if they are really new in box or
are "pulls".

Also, where are you located? There are more customers in the urban areas
than in the rural areas... so a local sale is less likely in Utah than in
LA, for instance.

Mark Oppat

wrote in message
oups.com...
So, I was working this weekend and as a "tip" for my services, I was
allowed to cart off a few large boxes of 1950's and 60's vacuum tubes
that the previous owner had left in the attic. Now, I need a
recommendation on what to do with it...

I've started sorting through them, and it's just a huge random mess of
stuff.

A few questions... how can I test them? Is there any possible way to
sell these without testing them? Almost all of them are still in their
original boxes, from RCA, Tun-Sol, National Union, Sylvania, etc....

Is there a market for every single tube type, or am I going to be stuck
with a lot of unwanted tubes if I try to sell them individually? Is
there a good way to sell these as a lot?