Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default Audio Issues

On Aug 1, 6:18*pm, Boon wrote:
On Aug 1, 5:27*pm, Bret L wrote:

On Aug 1, 1:17*pm, "Jim Cate" wrote:

Despite all of the above discussions, I still think that good,
high-definition audio is a good thing and well-worth pursuing. *Good music
itself seems to have been largely displaced by the currently in vogue
***_____*** (fill in the blanks), partially because of the demise of decent
audio technology available at rational prices IMO. * - *In fact, most of the
under-30's population has never even heard a decent system, and thus,
doesn't know what we are talking about.

Sorry if this note is off-topic for this "Audio.opinion" discussion group. -
Incidentally, I have a practicable suggestion for resolving the problem, if
anyone is interested.

Jim

*You mean iPods and headphones? I doubt it. They play classical or any
other kind of traditional music with fidelity much better than what
MOST people had-table radios and crude "hi-fi's" (sic) fifty years
ago. And the popular HT systems are better for music than those too.

*Other reasons must be found and they are not technological. Several
reasonable theories exist.

Why don't you wait for him to offer his suggestion before you shoot it
down?

Because "Cate" isn't a good German name?

Idiot.

Agreed.