Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default In Memoriam: Howard "Jack" Martin 1923-2010

In article
,
Bret L wrote:

On Jul 30, 9:54�m, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
�ret L wrote:

In Memoriam: John ³Birdman² Bryant Oct 26, 1943 - Feb 26, 2009

"JOHN ³THE BIRDMAN² BRYANT

³The free society will always eclipse the unfree one; for while
totalitarianism may forbid the bad, it can never compel the good €¹
something which arises spontaneously among free men.² €“John ³Birdman²
Bryant.

[Editor¹s Note: Over the years I have enjoyed email communication with
John Bryant. He was a brilliant thinker and a courageous soldier in
the endless battle for freedom of speech. I will miss him and his
work. God bless his soul and may he dwell in the House of the Lord
forever! Arthur Topham]

*************

Note from Wifey:

My husband died at around 3 AM the morning of Feb 26, 2009, of
congestive heart failure.

The page will continue if its readers/contributors continue to send in
stories, and his staff can select and post them.

The memorial gathering will be at 1 PM on Sunday, Mar 8 at Asian Star
Restaurant, 1198 Pasadena Ave S, South Pasadena, FL. If any of you is
desirous of coming, and has no lodging arrangements made, I will be
happy to help defray your expenses while here in any way that I can.

UPDATE: His obituary can be found here .

Wifey

*************
John ³Birdman² Bryant
Oct 26, 1943 - Feb 26, 2009

John Demarest Bryant was born October 26, 1943 in Washington DC, the
son of Lyle C. Bryant and Nola I. Wingo.

After graduating from Columbia Military Academy, Columbia, TN in 1961
and (after first attending Antioch College, Yellow Springs, OH)
American University, Wash DC (BA in Math) in 1968, he and his wife
moved to San Francisco, CA, where he completed the manuscript ³Systems
Theory and Scientific Philosophy², and found a publisher for it.
Moving back to the East Coast, John delved into commodities trading in
and around Philadelphia, PA. He re-found his niche as a writer just
before moving to the Tampa Bay area in Dec of 1995.

He was the creator of the website ²http://www.thebirdman.org² and
originator of the weekly (by subscription only) newsletter called the
Birdman¹s Weekly Letter (now discontinued).

He also wrote approx. 40 books, from the ³Everything You Wanted to
Know 洗� (Mortal Words) series to ³Better than Shakespeare², a rewrite
of the major Shakespearean sonnets.

He assembled a Libertarian Cartoon book, with original cartoons, many
of which appeared originally in Instauration and other magazines of
the alternative press.

(See also the links:

http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Intro/Intro-Bio.html

and
http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Intr...Bryant-22Feb20...
[an article originally posted on Wikipedia]

for more detail.)

His memorial gathering will be held at the Asian Star restaurant, 1198
S Pasadena Ave, S, S Pasadena, FL at or around 1 PM, Sunday Mar 8.
(Time change that day) All are welcome.

Freedom isn¹t free! To insure the continuation of this website and the
survival of its creator in these financially-troubled times, please
send donations directly to the Birdman at:
PO Box 66683, St Pete Beach FL 33736-6683

³The smallest good deed is worth the grandest intention.²

Please contribute today - buy our books - and spread the word to all
your friends!
Remember: Your donation = our survival!"

http://www.radicalpress.com/?p=934

RIP Howard "Jack" Martin Â*1923-2010, on Saturday

My father

He always said, "Don't let the assholes get you down."

I'm sorry to hear this.

Thanks