Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default In Memoriam: John ?Birdman? Bryant Oct 26, 1943- Feb 26, 2009

On Jul 30, 10:18*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss, Jenn!

Thanks. *He was a good, honorable man. *Only one serious flaw, in my eyes. *Crazy carpenter skills. *Didn't
graduate from high school, but made sure that he instilled in me a serious work ethic. *He served in WWII,
reporting to Pearl Harbor on Dec. 9, 1941. *Retired as head of
maintainance of the Vista school district. *I'll miss him.

He moved to Oklahoma last year, to the tiny town where he was born and raised. *So we had to go back there
for the services and burial. *Interesting to spend some time on the edge of civilization.

My father is from Oklahoma as well, raised on a farm near Rush Springs
during the Depression. I've spent some time there as well; there's
something mystical and primal about a place where the wind is always
howling over the plains.