Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default Bratzi, help me out

On Jul 15, 12:52*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Jul 14, 2:26*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Jul 14, 7:15*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Jul 14, 3:19*am, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
That's a 7591 amp? I don't remember.

yes

Have you used any of the recent reissues? I picked up a Pilot receiver
that uses 7591. They're still good but I always like to have a spare
set and I'd rather not pay $100+ for a quad.

Electro Harmonex, in my 299D, sounds great, a little taller and fatter
tube, can't put the thing in its
case, which is no big deal to me because, to me, they sound better
when out of' the case.
See, they are too large to use in Fishers, which space the tubes
closer together.
Not being familiar wiht the Pilot, I can't advise.

I think there would be space as far as socket spacing. This one was
out of a console so there wasn't a case with it so the height doesn't
matter. I'll check them out.

Does your Scott honk at 30 Hz?