Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default Favorite record cleaning technique

I just whipped up a batch of fluid for my VPI 16.5.

75% distilled water, 25% isopropyl alcohol (91%), seven drops of Dawn.

What other home-brews are out there, or favored commercial products?

There's an old wives tale our there about not using Windex, but I find
it removes fingerprints and if washed immediately with the above does
not seems to damage anything.

If a record is really dirty I use windex and a soft, lint-free cloth,
then immediately spray a bit of the above solution on the LP and
gently work it in with a brush, then use the VPI.