Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default Bratzi, help me out

On Jul 13, 8:29*pm, John Stone wrote:
On 7/13/10 6:11 PM, in article
,
"Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

6U8 (Scott used these a
lot), 6GC7/6FQ7, 12A*7 and the like are "phooey".

6U8 and its cousin 6GH8, both of which were used extensively in tv
applications, are now being used to replace the difficult to find 7199 in
old Dynaco and other gear. Apparently the 7199 was little more than a 6GH8
with different basing and a spec for noise. There are plug in adapters
available or you can just rewire the socket. The subs yield equal or better
specs compared with the original tubes.

except that a good 6U8 is pretty hard to find, not as scarce as 7199,
but hard to find
a telefunken. Don't much like the GE'S and RCA's nor the 6GH8, except
for Sylvania's
these tubes are used in my Scott integrateds,