Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default Bratzi, help me out

On Jul 12, 2:32*pm, Boon wrote:
On Jul 12, 1:01*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
Could you provide me with a list of tubes that were specifically
designed for audio? I'm finding that very, very few of the tubes used
in audio circuits were designed with audio in mind.

TIA!

LoL!

Well, so far I find that unless an amp uses 6L6, EL34, 2A3 or a few WE
numbers, or 6BQ5 (or variants thereof) for outputs it ain't using
audio tubes, people!

And the signal tubes better be 6267, 6EU7, 5879 or ECC808 or a very
few others or they ain't using audio tubes, people!

None of the rectifier tubes were designed with audio in mind. Even
then the audio market was small potatoes compared to the industrial
market at large.

McIntosh and Marantz were the worst offenders using tubes like 6DJ8,
6CG7/6FQ7, 6550 and other NON-AUDIO tubes in their circuits.
Ironically they are among the most sought out by collectors.

Note to 2pid: I am killing you on audio-related posts this year.
You're at what, zero? LoL.