Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_] is offline

Default Simple audio acquisition

? "Maelmoro" ?????? ??? ??????
line-in input (rear blue).

What is it? A dedicate input line? Isn't it the same than mic?

Nope. There are 3 jacks, green (line out) blue (line in) and pink (mic in).
I presume that the mic in is amplified, and might also have a DC bias, for
the mics to work. It's a dedicated line-in, like the one any amp or tape
deck has. Usually green is in the middle, with blue being on the right and
pink on the left.
After recording a whole side of the tape with
audacity, you can split the tracks with nero and then burn them on your
cd.

What format should I record my acquired audio in Audacity: WAVE?
MP3?.. what else?

Audacity lets you save it in its proprietary fromat, audacity project. For
maximum quality you can export to .wav, for mp3 you'll need to download the
lame_enc.dll file (just google it)
My target is to have the max quality to store on a CD.

Wav then, and you can split it into tracks with nero or burn it directly
(.wav is CD standard)

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering