Posted to rec.audio.opinion
fid fid is offline

Default Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

On Feb 19, 7:27 pm, François Yves Le Gal wrote:
On 19 Feb 2007 16:13:44 -0800, "fid" wrote:

Can you please suggest hi-quality tweeters to replace the T33s for the
kef 107s? I was thinking at the Scan-Speak D2905/9500. Could the
faceplate of these tweeters be swapped to fit different speakers? I
appreciate any inputs.

Just like any other quality speaker, the 107 is a system. You can't change
the tweeter w/o modifying the filter and basically redesigning a new
speaker. Ditto for the face plates, which are an integral part of the
design. Modifying any driver is a very complex job.

BTW, the 107 is well balanced in stock form, and the T33's are quite nice
tweeters.

Nothing wrong with the T33 itself. The problem is that after so many
years of daily usage I am afraid the they are wearing off. That's the
reason why I was meditating the possibility of replacement.