Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Pultec EQP clone problem

On Monday, 1 March 2021 at 16:06:29 UTC, Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 07:39:07 -0800 (PST), gareth magennis

These are screenshots of the Pultec clone ringing:
https://imgur.com/Ou0BGml

and with 100 Ohms in series with 0.01uF:
https://imgur.com/jaLv5Dz

Did you get those backwards? The one with the 100 ohms is much worse.
That first one though - pretty much identical to my tests. The FFT
would look identical for sure. I think I nailed it.

No I didn't get them backwards, I just assumed that the much larger initial overshoot would be more likely to cause the 90Hz issue than the longer ringing.

Don't know what that was based upon really, other than a guess.

No. If that second one is "fixed" - they have real issues.

Yes, that is far from fixed.

I think I'm more used to low pass filters than resonant circuits.