Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Broadcasting Q? Announcing The Time On The Radio

Chris K-Man wrote:
Again: The station broadcasts off the Empire State Building, which I can see from the shore of my town in CT . it's the local news report at five minutes past the top of every hour.

Yes, but the announcer is likely in San Antonio in the same building with
all the rest of the iHeartMedia announcers rather than being in a little
closet on he 85th floor of the Empire State.

Unless he's in Maryland with the Sinclair announcers or in Oakland, CA with
the Family Radio announcers.

Local radio does still exist in some places but it's much more common to
get stuff off the bird with local announcements inserted off mp3 files.