Posted to rec.audio.pro,free.spam

Default Where does the hum come from?

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 16:59:09 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Obviously "the DAC having its own wall plug ground" has absolutely nothing
to do with it SINCE I EXPLICITLY STATED THAT THE THING IS DISCONNECTED
FROM EVERYTHING.

Do you want to know what a "speaker wire" is, too, you illiterate moron?

That's why I said to ask questions after the relevant part of what I said.
You can't even count the number of fingers on your hand...

Here's the problem. Your description is confused and confusing. You
talk about speaker wire when you mean phono cable. And why are you
talking about a DAC when it isn't plugged in? It is clearly not a part
of the problem.

Now let's try to sort out what you really mean. Are you saying that
when your amplifier has an open circuit input, there is a low level
hum? If so, that is absolutely fine. That's what they do. As long as
it goes away when something is plugged in all is well. Get a phono
plug and short the live to the ground. Now plug that in. Is the noise
still there?