Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising Roy W. Rising is offline

Default Where does the hum come from?

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 10:23:42 AM UTC-8, John Williamson wrote:
On 09/02/2021 17:36, John Doe wrote:
Depreciated?

Nope. Deprecated, depreciated means something entirely different.

The definitions of both words are in all good dictionaries. Is English,
be that British, Australian, American or some other dialect, not your
first language?
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Ah, yet another thread run amok! After reviewing all the useful information whilst trying to disregard the flames, I speculate that the output circuitry of the DAC presents some kind of "RLC" network that, indeed, makes the "speaker wire" into a somewhat tuned antenna that is in the faint AC environment we all experience. The JBL LSR305 at maximum gain boosts and outputs some of that as hum.

Roy W. Rising "If you notice the *sound*, it's wrong!"