Mike Rivers

Default Help Upgrading PC Please!!!

In article writes:

Why don't you go to your nearest computer store and ask them?

I just said I need to price it out..

You can go to a computer store and price it out without buying.

Maybe that's wishful thinking, though. We used to have a few shops
around here where you could sit down with someone and tell them what
you wanted the computer to do, what constraints you had (including
budget), and requirements (like no VIA chipset motherboard if you plan
to use certain audio hardware and believe what your read on the net)
and they'd come up with a list of parts that they'll make work if you
let them put it together. You can take it or leave it. Unfortunately I
think that most of those shops have gone the way of the ice cream
parlor.

However, nobody knows better than a computer shop what you'll need to
make a complete system and what at least the components that they sell
will cost. You can shave a few dollars by buying the same mother board
and memory and CPU and case and graphics board and disk drives for
half a dozen on-line services, but then where are you going to take it
to put it all together and make it work. You already said that you
would need help. Best to line up that help up front.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )