Blind Joni

Default Help Upgrading PC Please!!!

What kind of barrier are you running into with your 1.3 GHz system
now? I'd think that would be good enough for most work. If I had a
system running at that speed, I think I'd be inclined to hold out a
little longer, and then just replace the whole computer. That's what
I've been saying about the 266 MHz system I have.

I'm getting rid of my digital mixer and outboard gear and mixing "in the
box"..I've done this a few times in the last few months and it is easier, and
sounds better I think.
I do HipHOp but also rock band demos and full projects using Samplitude 7.12.
With the freeze function in Samplitude there is really no overhead if I do
things a certain way..I really love the realtime room simulator reverb and need
to run 2 or more instances live until I get the mix tweaked and I just want to
give myself some breathing room and be stable for 6 months to a year...got a
lot of other outside work to do and want to streamline the process as much as
possible.
I need to keep my older drives as I have current projects on them ..trying to
do as simple a swap as I can. I need to add a DVD drive right away so I figured
a partial upgrade was worth the investment.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY