Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default May God have mercy on his soul (Was Middiot)

In article
,
Glanbrok wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

"The Beatles were one of the most important rock bands in the history of
Rock and Roll. However, I'm not that into them".

Speaking for myself, I still don't understand why driving throngs of
tweener girls into paroxysms of screaming and fainting makes a band
"important".

It inspired others to go out and do likewise. The incorporation of Goon
Show production values into pop music later played a part.

I had to google that one. Is this the Goon Show you meant?

"The Goon Show was a British radio show that started in 1951 and ran
until 1960. It changed the face of British comedy and still maintains
its influence to this day!

The Goons included Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers and Harry Secombe.
They burst onto the radio with surreal storylines, absurd logic, puns,
catchphrases and groundbreaking sound effects. They ridiculed the
pomposity of those in authority and laughed at the stupidity of
mankind."

http://www.thegoonshow.net/

Yes, they were important to comedy.

Since it was a radio show, the audience was probably not terribly
interested in production values. I may have missed your meaning....

You missed the "ground-breaking sound effects," but the common thread is
George Martin.

Stephen