Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] vwmicrobus@gmail.com is offline

Default Restoring a Sherwood S-5000

On Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:07:28 PM UTC-5, hugeshows wrote:
Good god, those voltages are HIGH!

yea, that's what I thought.. I did measure my AC line, but don't remember the exact voltage, but it was not out of the norm.

No tubes were removed, the amp was at idle with about 10 minutes warm-up time.
I'll take a look at the AC HV tonight.

Oh, and I don't suppose there is a line voltage selection of any time is there? If it was tapped for 110VAC that might explain it. I get something close to 120-125 VAC here.

I have a variac, and so I will put it inline and see what it takes to get them lower. I guess I should look at AC filament voltages too?

--John