Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default New Spin Magazine

On Aug 13, 11:18*am, Bret L wrote:
On Aug 12, 6:57*pm, Clyde Slick

Ok, the Jeff Beck show aired at 11AM today.
I saw aboput 30 minted of the recording so far.
Very impressive, a lot of good characteristiscs in how she plays.
Very musical, great feel. very reliable, Beck can vamp without any
worries abouot
getting back to where the song is.
Extremely nice tone. Very deep.
QUite a good bass she is playing
A Sadowsky, minimum price $2,800 just for a Japanese made model
probably a $6,000 or more USA bass, so it better sound good.
Its amaziong how many boutiques basses I really don't like.
So, it appears that it is made to replicate a 70's jazz bass.
Now, I never heard a jazz bass sound that good, go so deep,
nor have a sweet tone *up the neck (jaco;s did
have a sweet high end, nothing special in the bottom.)
so, I liked her, she has potentail to make my list

*Instrument buyers are gullibards.

*Sadowsky basses and guitars are built out of customiized CNC-house
commodity (i.e. Fender spec) necks and bodies. I don't think they even
do their own finish work, only assembly, fret dress and so forth. IOW
you might as well buy Warmoth and put it together yourself, havng a
pro do a final setup.- Hide quoted text -

I am not a craftsman, nor do I own tools, but I had
had two different craftsmeneach put together a finished
fretless to my specs, each one a little different,'
using Warmoth/Allparts/other bodies and necks
with specified hardware, pickups and finsihes.
Going all-out to produce something like, but not exctly,a Sadowsky,
(they have proprietary unknown origin
pickups) would be only about $1,200,
having someone else do it, compared to the 6 thousand
dollars for a US Sadowsky.

But it is a really nice bass and it can be admired.