Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Multi-Channel "Multimedia audio" for Windows

Soundhaspriority wrote:

Just to put it in different words, Microsoft provides a programming system,
not a solution, for the above. Try installing the complete Audigy package --
I'm sorry I can't tell you what's in it because I haven't had it in a system
for a long time.

I don't have an Audigy either. I just used that as an example of
something common, that common people would use to play their DVDs and
games with surround sound, if they have more than two speakers installed.

The Mackie Satellite has never really had a mixer application since it
doesn't really have anything to mix with software. All the controls
necessary for level adjustments are knobs on the box.

I guess it's a dead issue, or a dead horse.

me he
)