Doug

Well my concern is that it is a bit of a hassle to go to each powered
speaker and change the volume, then tweek the mixer. I want volume
controls within reach of my hand at the mixer, I don't want to have to
make a trip to the powered speakers. Thus my concern. As for what type
of mixer, it is a Behringer UB1222FX-PRO, but could be some other one
if it will work better (I haven't bought it yet).

If an Alesis power amp is not a good one, can anyone clue me in on a
100 watt power amp that has no fan and IS a good one?

Laurence Payne wrote in message . ..
On 12 Oct 2004 18:17:53 -0700, (Doug)
wrote:

So does that mean I have to change the volume of the speakers when I
want to change volume. Or can I control the volume from the mixer
only?

I repeat - it's just like any other mixer and power amp. Send a
signal from your mixer peaking at whatever level you intend to call
maximum. If the sound is painfully loud, turn the power amp controls
down a bit. If it's not loud enough when full up, buy bigger
speakers. Once this is set appropriately, leave it alone and mix
with the mixer.

CubaseFAQ
www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm