Arny Krueger

"Doug" wrote in message

4. Speakers. I need two 8 ohm, non-powered, near field 100 watt
speakers that will sound as good as possible with this equipment. I am
thinking something like Behringer Truths, but non-powered. I am
stumped on this one. Any suggestions?

There are non-powered versions of the Truths. Same model numbers as the
powered ones, only suffix with a P for passive.

Price difference is about $100 a pair, suggesting that using a separate
power amp is the costlier way to go. Conventional wisdom is that the powered
versions have the potential to sound better than what you'd get with a
separate power amp because the built-in amps are optimized for the speakers.