Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Subwoofers! Etc.

My studio is all in one room. No control room. The space is tight, but not dead. Even non-audio and sound folks sometimes say things like, "Wow! It sounds really different in this room and really quiet. How did you do that?"

If I'm not doing any critical listening to my monitors from the places in my studio where there are peaks or dips, I don't think judicious placement of absorption or diffusion are necessary.

In fact, having that 2 foot diameter spot over by the curtain where the low end blooms if there's something that needs fixing in the low end of my mix is a good thing. I also listen to mixes by walking around in that room and also walk into the bathroom and next room just to make sure the balance is steady -- and for a little exercise!