Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_14_] Chuck[_14_] is offline

Default Subwoofers! Etc.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 07:26:03 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 17:31:59 -0800 (PST), "Roy W. Rising" wrote:

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 8:53:03 AM UTC-8, John Williamson wrote:
On 12/02/2021 14:44, Don Pearce wrote:

If the sub is good (not just a cinema boom box) and properly
integrated, you won't be aware that it is there - until you turn it
off and something goes missing.

This. As someone on here has in their .sig file. "If you notice the
sound, it's wrong."

Thanks, John, for the acknowledgement. My simple maxim sometimes speaks to the sales world's "Look at this!" methods. Another place where "until you turn it off" works is for evaluating sound reinforcement in smaller environs.

~ Roy W. Rising "If you notice the *sound* it's wrong."

The tricky bit is matching the whole system and the room so you don't
notice it.

What do you use you blend it in so the sound is seamless? An equaliaer? The sub controls?

Has anyone eveer used the built-in Denon receiver room acousticss software adjustments feature? If so, how effective is it, and at what upgrade level
do you need?

I have a Yamaha YST-SW315, which seems adequate, but I've always been intriqued by the Denon claims. My old Pioneer VSX-31 has room adjustment to some
degree, but I was never quite satisfied that their version worked well.

I used the Denon room auto-eq system setting up a NHT 7.1 system with
a HSU subwoofer. If one places the microphone correctly for your
normal sitting position, the result was quite good.